Your butt is comprised of three main muscles including –
- Gluteus Maximus: It is the largest muscle that originates from upper ilium moving on the posterior line towards lower sacrum and reaching the coccyx side. G-max is responsible for movement of thigh, for example loving thigh backward, while rising from squat position.
- Gluteus-Medius: It originates on the iliums outer surface, in-front and above anterior gluteal line.
- Gluteus-Minimus: It originates from iliums outer surface in front between inferior and anterior gluteal lines. In the back, it originates from greater sciatic notch.
(Both Gluteus-med and Gluteus-min conduct the same functions, which rely on hip joints and knee position. For example, they rotate the thigh internally, when hips are flexed and vice versa)
Summary of Butt functions:
- Thigh abduction – G-med & G-min
- Thigh extension – G-max
- Thigh external rotation – When hip is extended – G-med & G-min
- Thigh internal rotation – When hip is flexed – G-med & G-min
If you own large or small muscle amount on the backside then it can be due to genetic factor. Flat butt with no curves can be developed, but the big question arises is how to get a bigger booty.
Consider hip to butt percentage
First understand your hip to butt ratio. The width of the hip depends on ilium width.
Genetic rule –
- Narrow waist along with wide hips can give you large looking butt.
- Wide wais along with narrow hip provides small looking butt.
Consider muscle to fat percentage
- In case, you have fat ass then shed the fat to expose shapely musculature.
- In case, you have minimal fat (flat-ass syndrome) then attempt to develop some meat in the buttock area.
Work out glute muscles to shape them. Even if you eat large calories and perform zero exercise, you will certainly attain large but fat ass. Remember, fat cannot be shaped.
So, how to acquire bigger booty naturally? A blend of calorie intake and lower body routines can help a lot.
Effective thigh-extending workouts
- Dumbbell, barbell and machine squat
- Barbell, dumbbell and machine lunge
- Single and double leg press on devices allowing total thigh extension
- Stiff leg & Romanian dead lift
- Dumbbell or barbell split squat (with one leg)
- Hamstring raise
- Thigh extension with multi-hip machine
- Pressing the glute on proper device
Useful thigh abducting workouts
- Thigh abduction with multi-hip machine
- Seated hip abduction device
- Thigh abduction with low pulley
The fact is that external and internal thigh rotation movements are subtle. You will need to perform extension exercises mentioned above to target the specific muscles. Lower body routines, if performed appropriately will possibly transform your buttock area. In addition, remember to take calorie. Gaining excessive body fat can possibly result in large and soft body end but for rock hard buttocks minimize fat storage by filtering calorie intake.
Ensure to develop your butt by working consistently on different thigh abducting, extending, and rotation exercises. Moreover, monitor your calorie intake. If you are not on the go then get started.